The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I need some good photos of a Steiger Wildcat Series III.

Also..have ny of you guys seen a wildcat 1000 brochure, Im trying to get my hands one.

Thank a ton

Dusty

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes. The puma did come out..but there was also a wildcat. Puma if I recal was rated at 190 HP. The Wildcat was rated at 220 HP. Both built on the same frame. Then there was the Bearcat and Cougar on the same frame, and then the Panther followed later by the Lion which I think was on the same frame just used the new CIH hood and cab. Cab being only difference was the door and they moved the batt box down to the side by the muffler.

http://www.tractordata.com/td/td1060.html

This still doesnt mean that there is a brochure for this tractor. I have talked to several Steiger buffs and they either have seen such printed material on it. Anyway. Thanks for the help.

Dusty

·
Registered
632 Posts
We owned a Steiger Wildcat RC 210 series III.Bought it new in '76."RC" meant rowcrop.Had a 3-pt hitch as well.It had a 3208 V-8 Cat which had such a sharp vibration that it would crack fan blades and send them thru the radiator.
.It happened twice before we traded it off for a new Cougar ST-251 in 1980.But I have no pics of either.I may have lit. but I'd have to dig for it.There were 5 models of series III...Wildcat,Bearcat,Cougar,Panther and Tiger(470hp)They were built until 1983?In '84 the Panther 1000 was intro'd along with series IV tractors before the 1000 series came in '86.I remember seeing the whole story line on toytractorshow.com.You might find something there.Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts