The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at upgrading from bueler versatile 2425 on triples to used 485 hd caseih, as lacking a little hp with current air seeder setup. 485 is on 800 duals which I'm unsure off. Versatile has been a great tractor with little to no dramas. Any thoughts on the caseih?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Run the exact same tractor you are looking at, bought new in 2009. Other then a seal in the hyd fan which went in the first 50 hours, it has been 100% trouble free for 1700 hrs. Very nice tractor and very reliable.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
what about 800 duals compared to triples? slip, bounce, cracks?
Have one with 800's on it. Real nice setup, with good flotation. When tractor is pulling max load, depending on soil conditions, you can expect up to 15% slip. Bounce is a tire pressure issue as you can change that real easy. Have never run triples.

Really like the tractor. Has been very reliable. Have about 3500 hours on it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
485 800s 1400h great tractor, iveco doesnt have the low down torque of a qsx15 but will save you 15+l/h. no power hop up to 110% in very soft soil. Running at 22500kg 55/45 9psi fronts 7psi rears. IMO low pressures doesnt cause sidewall cracking, power hopping does. caseih ballast calculator is your friend

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
Already told our dealers service manager that he's going to be keeping it going for the next twenty years. One of the tractors it replaced is 20 and the other is 18 and both still plug away when asked.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,957 Posts
I like the two hour meters. According to the pic it's getting close to 500 hours idling? What's the go there wheely?
Lots of cuppas when you get to the top of a big dune?:D

·
Registered
364 Posts
It's a 535 pulling 70' at 12" spacings in deep **** sand. The l/hr have gone up abit since but big boggy sandhills will do that.
Have you got it in the ground!? What size tank you pulling? I don't get anywhere near the figures you do?
My 535 with triples pulling flexicoil 44' 12" spacings 650lb 4" deep with 1720 tank tbh & 8000L flexi "n" & trace cart tbh. 10.5km/hr. Heavey clays. I spend most of the time up over 100% power. Around 1800 rpm seems to be the sweet spot, change up a gear & @ 1600-1700 rpm fuel use heads North.

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
The high hour difference is because of all the dramas with the FC5500 and a dicked hydro motor on the auger of the 4350 that took 2 years of complaining to get replaced. We have now had to put faster pulleys on the seed&super bin on the truck. I do have a fair bit of heavy clay but even that doesn't seem to worry the tractor. The 16mm knife points do use more fuel averaging about 5.5l/ha but this year we went back to pick points to chase moisture if we had to. We couldn't do that with the knives and it's cost us. Here's a photo of our northern farm of about 6500ac

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
@ Wheely
I've just been admiring you album of pics "my joint".
The similarities of your suite of equipment is scaringly similar to mine
535, 9380, 555, AC7040 ... Flexicoil etc.
Looks like you used to spray with the 555 .... now that'd be fun!!
Have you considered a Lexion ? ;-)

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
Lexion? What's that? Nar seriously there isn't any around within 100kms that I know of and a dealer has only been in Geraldton for a year or two. I used the 555 for six years on that lump of crap sprayer. It use to wake the neighbours doing summer spraying. Whoever had her before us had that motor turned up because she pulls our 18 tonne chaser as easy as our 9250 did.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.