The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Some people say that resale on the electronic stone trap models will be weaker down the road. And that the mechanical stone trap will help feeding and increase capacity

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
I demoed a 9090 elevation(Belgian built) and that big rock beater was awesome! Never plugged once and should function well although I didn't put a stone in to test it out...;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Did well over a thousand acres of downed wheat from snow this year, and removed literally dozens of rocks from the DSP. It works awesome. Don't even consider the electronic version if you have rocks, and do peas and lentils.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I have one and that part of the machine works great. If you have a "bulldozer" header on the front, it is a necessity. After much rains, I was ingesting a fair amount of dirt from ravines. You still have to clear the "dirt dam" from between the MD beater and the feeder chain - boy is that fun. I took out 2 watch crystals doing that. If you don't get rid of the "dirt dam", you can get uneven feeding which will jam the rock beater. If you can avoid this, it is great stone protection and very effective. On the con side, you don't have great visibility on the header knife due to the elongation of the feeder housing. Maybe the new combines will have a shortened version of the feeder house which will allow you to see the knife again?

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have one and that part of the machine works great. If you have a "bulldozer" header on the front, it is a necessity. After much rains, I was ingesting a fair amount of dirt from ravines. You still have to clear the "dirt dam" from between the MD beater and the feeder chain - boy is that fun. I took out 2 watch crystals doing that. If you don't get rid of the "dirt dam", you can get uneven feeding which will jam the rock beater. If you can avoid this, it is great stone protection and very effective. On the con side, you don't have great visibility on the header knife due to the elongation of the feeder housing. Maybe the new combines will have a shortened version of the feeder house which will allow you to see the knife again?
Yes, new ones are short and have 2 doors that can be opened which I would think would of eliminated your dirt situation.

DSP is much better that the asp and I would not doubt asp will be history one of these years.

·
Registered
977 Posts
We have DSP on our 2014 CR 8090 and like it , have zero experience with DSP or ASP as this is our 1st New Holland combine . DSP is very similiar to the Massey's front beater that had always worked well for us in the past .

·
Registered
61 Posts
We have DSP on our cr8090 liked it this year with the wheat on the ground. It was going while I was closing the stone door 100 and some times this fall in our Cr9060 with the ASP. But we never put a rock through either combine so both work.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Does anyone one have experience with the roller on the 2015's? it's more aggresive than the 2014 which I think caused the limiting factor in tough canola this year. It's available as a kit so will put it on in the winter this year. The price of a 2015 10.90 is scary!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.