The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quality is sure down from a few years ago... lot of wore out / broken stuff there compared to other years.... No dealer consignments either?

Dealers worried the market is soft???

Thoughts???

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Awe cmon now Christian. Whatya got your eye on? You must have seen something you'll drag home if the price is right.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Not really a lot of farm machinery on the list. I think the good used stuff is selling fairly good at the dealer, as they are not selling as much new.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
I was just there today looking at a few items.
The trucks and drills and excavators all seem to be in pretty rough shape. Couple units are ok but quite a few are rough.
Combines looked pretty good and clean.

Lot #5069 is kinda funny......6 pallets of misc Makita power tools and shop vacs. There is more power tools in those boxes than anybody would know what to do with. Not sure why they are selling all the pallets as one lot.....one pallet not shown in the pictures is right full of grinders, drills, skill saws etc etc. Must be 70 tools in the one box....crazy. Who knows if any of them work or maybe they all do.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Must be getting worried at RB. Phoned me last week wondering if I would consign an item off Kijiji. Guessing I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
522 Posts
460 I think your right for the most part. Local dealerships have sold a fair amount of new stuff this year and the used stuff coming in is going out fairly quick .

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Ya not lot of nice stuff there. I dislike the early sales though, who wants to be out there in mid march in SASK? I was there yesterday as well I'm looking for a couple specific things but not sure if I will be buying anything. This way I can now stay home and watch online.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
460 I think your right for the most part. Local dealerships have sold a fair amount of new stuff this year and the used stuff coming in is going out fairly quick .

Depends on the dealer, The local JD dealer only sold 3 new drills and on top of it, it was a marginal year. With the price of new paint and average to below average yields in a lot of area theres not as much used stuff coming in so dealers don't have to dump to RB.

That's just my thoughts

·
Registered
654 Posts
And if Ritchie bros can get more to there sale, most of it might still be going south of the border. The buyers online can be from anyplace.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
I am sure most of it went south of the border.
And if Ritchie bros can get more to there sale, most of it might still be going south of the border. The buyers online can be from anyplace.
I had made this assupmtion too, talked to salesmen at 2 different dealerships with 20 miles of the 49th. Both said there has been very little going south. Their strong dollar is not helping cash flow.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Local CaseIH dealer doing real well..Sold 11 new 4wd's in the last 2 months..Lots of good used sold too..I think it varies from dealer to dealer..JD boys are not selling much..Over priced?? Just think they have the best equipment, so lets charge more..Like the JD salesman told me..You will buy a JD anyway???

·
Registered
131 Posts
You local dealers must be different than mine. Rocky mountain has been sitting on some of this equipment for 3+ years and has yet to move to a reasonable price on it. I'm not really in the know but what im hearing from my much larger neighbors new purchases have been cancelled due to obcene price increases and #&$(#)( conditions.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Heard they sold the first 100ft bourgault drill & a 1300bu cart to go with it too this winter.
Just curious what they are using to pull this with ? I mean you can chip & ekotune to the eyeballs but can you effectively get that power to the ground ?? I'm thinking it would only be accomplished with tracks ??:5:Just going by the video posted last fall the JD on triples looked to have ALOT of slip , and that wasn't even the big cart !!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts