The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be using more Urea next spring then we usually do. Have a bin with epoxy coating but no poke hole.
Would it be safe to store in that bin soon?
Would also need to finish up with just a grain max bin to store all we need. How much trouble would we end up doing that if we waited to fill till a few weeks before we can use it?

·
Registered
931 Posts
I fill my bins in august once they are full I always pull some out to pull the center core down that way in the spring they always empty from the center.

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
I sometimes wonder if the poke hole doesn’t add to the condensation problem, just makes poking crust easier than from the bottom.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Was wondering this as well, wondered if putting a full NPKS blend in would be better or not for caking up.

Not to hijack but curious about aeration as well. I have a couple fert bins, epoxy coated on the inside, but have aeration systems inside of them. Honestly dont think theve ever actually had fert in them. Do I need to take the air tube out, or am I safe to leave it in place? It's a horizontal tube not a rocket.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Was wondering this as well, wondered if putting a full NPKS blend in would be better or not for caking up.

Not to hijack but curious about aeration as well. I have a couple fert bins, epoxy coated on the inside, but have aeration systems inside of them. Honestly dont think theve ever actually had fert in them. Do I need to take the air tube out, or am I safe to leave it in place? It's a horizontal tube not a rocket.
Yes take it out and bolt blank on.

·
Registered
227 Posts
We use an NPKS blend (29-7-7-7). Put it in 1620 fert bins usually Nov/Dec. I try and pick a sunny day with low humidity. It will suck the water out of a stone. I’m positive it stores worse than straight 46 as that’s what we used for years. Have been using 4-5 bags litter in bottom and 4-5 on top. Still seizes up like a mofo. Keep the deadblow hammer by the bin...

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
We plastic the pole hole and put cat litter in the poke hole, no experience with urea but fill our bins with a blend with 21-0-0-24 and phosphate in November with no problems in the spring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts