The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone converted a flexicoil 820 bar with 650 lb trips to a straight shank?
I see there are some companies making straight shank adaptors to fit into the existing Flexicoil spring assembly... anyone any experience with these?

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've got primary sales UTS tynes on my flexicoil with 650lb work really well great seed establishment. 12" spacings, 10.5km/hr, depth 4", really good trash flow. Only thing I had to do was design my own knife points to suit my heavy clays better.
I might be interested in selling them if this season goes to plan. Need a wider bar with hydraulic tynes have way too many granite rocks that cause **** on my knife points.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good, Nairibin.
What sort of price do these usually sell for? Do primary sales have a knock-on adaptor option so that you can go from Narrow points to sweeps with little downtime?...This would be handy for preplanting of N in a previously worked field and simultaneously taking out weeds, if the occasion arises.
Lynas.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I think there around $350 each with seeding tube. $100 a knife $50 rebuilt. All there prices you should be able to find on there website. I bought mine second hand so I can't really remember what they are new.
Nah pretty sure they don't have a knock on adapter for them but they would be willing to design/ make you one if it worked.
Ask to talk to Ray on the engineering side of things. He's always willing to listen and accommodate if he can make it work.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Roger that, Nairibin! Thx

Pete. Is Your brother happy with the Janke setup?
and to clarify, did you say that Boss Ag makes straight shanks to fit into the Flexicoil shank holder/trip?
Lynas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.