The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a new to me combine 9610. in california there are not many straw choppers and i have one on mine. we do a lot of baling but sometime we put it back in the dirt can you slide the up chopper on and still harvest or do you have to take it off the combine

·
Registered
778 Posts
Yes the chopper can be slid to the forward position. Let the tailboard hang straight down so the straw can fall behind it. You will need to keep the chopper turning with a shorter belt that should stored on the side of the combine above the left rear tire on a hook. Be sure to disconnect the chopper speed sensor before you roll it forward or you'll be doing some wiring repair. If you have an operators manual it will explain this in more detail. If you don't have an op manual I would highly recommend getting one because it sounds like you've never owned a 9000 series.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You can slide the chopper forward out af the way so you can put the straw in a winrow for baling. It should have a shorter belt that should be put on when slid forward. You will have to take two bolts out on the spread fins so it can fold down and let the straw fall to the ground. Also make sure you unplug the chopper wires and plug them into the bypass plug. I forgot one time and pulled the plug in two
I think you will be very happy with your "new to you"
combine!

·
Registered
109 Posts
it will fill up with straw slowing up to the walkers the it could damage walkers, I ran mine a couple hours with out a short belt but got out and cleaned out the chopper every 30 to 40 minutes but that was in like 25 to 35 bushel wheat

·
Registered
778 Posts
It also keeps tension on your front chopper belt so that it stays running true. Unless you want to take it right off but thats a bit of work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts