The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running a 30 ft header on 1688 without a straw chopper and I want the wheat straw to spread further across the entire width. I currently have the flat spreader paddles. I notice the 2388's have curved bats as an option for the rear spinner plates. Does anyone have experience with the curved bats on a 30 ft head in wheat? Do you also need to speed up the spreaders? I was told the 2388's spin faster than the 1688's, but I have not verified. Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
I put the curved bats and had larger spinners made for my 1688. I made new hex shafts and dropped the spinners down another 6" or so and also put on the 8" pulley from a 2388 and the rear curtain kit. Its a worth while upgrade.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I had bought the pulley to make the spinner spin faster and curved bats. I felt that it was just "rowing" it and not spreading even (wheat straw). I ended up putting on a Kirby spreader which I still use and find it to give a far superior spread - now at 36' cut.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
See if this pdf of case ih support kits helps. You can see all the spreader parts and kits available.

I run a 1680 with a 30' in wheat. I have the case ih straw/chaff spreader kit on it. It does have the curved bats, and they seem to do pretty well at spreading 30', but I also saw another rig with the tall angle bats do a fair job of it. My kit came with the dual speed pulley and I do run it in high for 30' and change to low for belt pickup work.

Whatever you do, make sure your bearings are in good shape back there. The new bearing kits that have been out for some time suck. The bearings dont last anymore and they can start fires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts