The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G’day everyone, I’ve got a R75 with belt driven straw spreader, had a thought to try an speed it up, to try and get a better throw. Has anyone tried this or am I mad? I was thinking I’d maybe have to put in some bigger shafts to run bigger bearings, also I’d no doubt wear out the bevel gears quicker. Does anyone have any thoughts?
Cheers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have, although I’m in Australia, so finding one off a wrecked Combine is a challenge and a new one from Agco will be very expensive.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,747 Posts
I have also seen a Hyd driven spreader on an R series. Can’t remember how it was plumbed but should be easy to do via a HYD shop.

Or maybe in the short term a larger spreader disc or experiment with different cups?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We finished stripping a week ago, so just trying to get something organised for next year.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I'll sell you one. The only catch is the rest of the machine goes with it.
I'd look at a Late 8 or 9 series and get the numbers of the motor and valve and source it. I got an eaton pump half price from the states than our local engineering shop could do.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,747 Posts
I'll sell you one. The only catch is the rest of the machine goes with it.
I'd look at a Late 8 or 9 series and get the numbers of the motor and valve and source it. I got an eaton pump half price from the states than our local engineering shop could do.
Not supporting local business
Shame shame

·
Registered
148 Posts
Never seen a 5 series without a hyd. driven spreader , a simple orbit motor off a reel will run it .

·
Registered
71 Posts
So I sped up my spreader on my 62 this season. I really didn’t see much difference. It will throw 30 feet without a cross wind.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FeldmannD can I ask how you went about it? 30ft is still about 10-12ft better than I’ve been getting at 170rpm.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I replaced both pulleys with the same size. 7” I believe, and used the same belt. A few years ago I reposition the curtain to the new shape and added the poly ends to the spreader which really improved the spread to the right.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts