The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man the straw spreader on my R52 is driving me crazy. Last year in wheat, it was set at full retard, and wouldn't spread very much. So, I set it so all were on full advance, and seemed to do a decent job. This year, it was throwing it just a little too far, so I put 2 of the 4 in retard position. Well, it was spreading great. towards evening, the straw was getting a little tough, and it was throwing it over onto the uncut wheat. Does anyone have any other suggestions instead of always adjusting it all the time?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Thats a problem that most owners would like to have. If its not limiting your capacity at all I'd leave it be. Rather overdo the spreading rather than leave 3-5' of unspread residue to the left and right of the machine its all left in a 10-15' area behind the combine like the days of the N.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The best setting I have found is set 2 at full retard and 2 at full advanced. If the wind is blowing and it is throwing the straw into the uncut wheat then I might slow the spreader down a bit . That's with a 40 ft. head. I love the way it can spread the full width of cut, especially compared to the old N series we ran back in the 80's, worst spreader ever!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.