The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to pick the collective minds on this board. We got started cutting wheat yesterday, and immediatly started having problems. We have CTS with a 930 header and the straw is wrapping around the cross auger, pileing up on top of the feeder house opening and not feeding in. It builds up until it locks down the whole header. We have adjusted the front drum on the feeder house, the fingers in the cross auger, the postion of the cross auger, depth of cut, speed. Nothing seems to help. Is it conditions or something we are missing? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine was wrapping for about the first hour of cutting until the table got shined up. We had to move the header out of the shed in early april and it had gotten rusty. Once it wore off, its been feeding smoothly. It's a 630.

Justy a possibility, if you never got going good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was some rust on the floor under the auger. We worked on that some and it helped yesterday. But today, nothing really helped. Today was a little bigger, better wheat.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Is your feeder house drive chain running on the high-speed sprocket? The CTS has a narrow feeder house and would benefit from the extra speed, especially with a 30 ft header. Run your strippers as tight as possible without touching.

Make sure you're running your feeder house variable speed at low speed. Any faster than that will damage your cutterbar components in a hurry. The knife drive gear case is not designed to be sped up at all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the ideas. The back stripper bars are just about as close as they can get. We do have the floor bars, don't know where they are set. We don't have the variable speed feeder house, but I don't know what sprocket the chain is on. I will have to look at that, thanks.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Take sandpaper or buffer and strip all the rust under the auger, if its too much rust, clean it and lay the spray paint on it. once the paint dries if you have enough on it will be smoother than rust and feed better, the rust will be worn gradually after the paint starts to wear off but you wont loose feeding use the large sprocket on the RH lower feeder house shaft to speed up the feeder house. Make sure your chains are tight as well as belts. Maybe your concave is closed a little too tight, maybe speed up the cylinder and open the concave a bit to help feed.
Once the header is shined up it wont matter where the strippers and auger flights are. Make sure you push it a little to get it to feed too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts