The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Are the blocks on front and rear feed set to allowing chain to just clear floor when empty and still be able to lift completely? Factory send the in what I call corn position. I let them down and leave the there for all crops. The shocks stabilize drum movement. Hopefully your left and right flighting match from side to side. Also no fingers tring to push in crop until it gets past end of feed slats

·
Premium Member
4,091 Posts
I also had to weld extensions in my cvs 32 for doing flax as outside of back feeder shaft was wrapping. My first attempt at them looked much like what you did and still flax wrapped so I made them taller. They are now 11" tall by 5 1/4" wide and never had feeder wrap since. I ran this head on a 3 chain R72 for 3 years and never had a problem with it feeding or wrapping unless flax was green. Like Dan said make sure your blocks are in grain position.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Blocks are in the grain position. Close to the floor. Auger has paddles not fingers. For the steering, flipped the tires so the dished in, moved the axle out so the was 3 holes showing, moved the rams out to as far as they could, adjusted ball joint so there was 1 1/2 of thread showing on each end of the ram, and removed the wheel stop bolt. Turns awesome now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.