The Combine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stripped the splines on the rotor drive tonight. (93- R62)
I have to rotor out and the female unbolted, I was curious what the easiest way to get the male shaft out of the two speed gearbox is? Will the top come off of the gearbox without unbolting the gearbox from the combine?

Also does anyone have any ideas on what these parts should cost, I want to upgrade rotors after this season and was curious if I could get through this year with just a new female hub on the rotor.

And last, Is the female hub different on a newer style rotor. Or will I be using the same hub if I upgrade rotors. If this is the case I am more likey to change the shaft now.

·
Registered
379 Posts
only way to get shaft out is to remove gear box. Remove pully sheives from gearbox input, remove jackshaft for elevators and remove gearbox. It is heavy, best to use small loader or skid steer with a cherrypicker, can be done by hand with ropes for removal. Check the splines on male end on gearbox they may be alright, likely not but I have seen the coupler go alone but on a 93 machine it is probably both. I belive the coupler is around $400, and the shaft around the same, plus a seal or 2 as well and maybe bearings if you are that far in to it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts