The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,i need advice:
I have to clean a 9560 STS combine,that will be shipped back to the US.I have been told that i have to clean the combine until there is no single kernel left in that machine,because of the US ccustoms laws.
Is that possible without dismantling the whole combine?
Any advices?
Thanks in advance,
Hans-Georg

·
Registered
508 Posts
Re: STS cleaning until there is no single kernel l

Its tough but can be done. Takes time. Same process when guys change to edible beans or IP soybeans. You can open the bottom covers and turn the machine on and run it at full rpm and with the grain head on put small square bales into the combine. That should clean the feederhouse out good. Rotor area will likely have to be dug out then vacuumed. Grain tank you can vacuum or put water in the tank and turn it on. Open the shield at the bottom of the unloading auger. If you have a long air gun and blow it clean first. Those laws are tough. Is it going back for warrenty work?

Take care,

Nathan

·
Registered
405 Posts

There used to be lots of used US and Canadian combines imported into Australia until our quarantine laws grew too hard. We have to clean our combines down to cross the state borders and you can spend days trying to get that last grain and still find seed and other material in nooks and crannies. In fact at one border crossing (into Western Australia) they have been known to make people demount the tyres to make sure there was no material in the rims.
My advice would be to find out exactly what the conditions are for import into the US and then find someone who has done it or a freight forwarder that could help out.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts

Interesting. I never knew any combines were ever re-imported [deported
] back to the US. Yes, some months ago, I looked into buying a combine from Australia and having it shipped here, but the cost was just way too expensive. The combine also did not originate in the US. Another thing; the need for such immaculate cleaning never occurred to me, either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts