The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for new concaves for 08-9770 sts currently using jd small wire with 2 filler strips. 90% wheat both winter & spring. Looking @ Lowen hellicals or pf small wire. How will thet compare with jd. Will do a few dry peas also. Thanks for any thoughts.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I hate to horn in on your post but rather than make a new one I thought I'd tag along. We just bought a 05 9760. Only has one set of concaves (they only did corn and soys). I need wheat concaves. What do I need? Whats "filler bars"? (Sts is all new to me). While answering his post could anyone help me? Also, about what is this going to cost me?

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Been there & done that for every JD I've had. Loewen (low wire - small grain) was always the best. I don't know if the quality is still there once A&I have taken over - not saying that it isn't as good - I just don't know. I know for a fact & lot's of experience, you'll be more than impressed with the Loewen concaves. You may wish to look at Harvest Services http://www.harvestservicesltd.com/ they have similar concaves & know what there talking about. How are your rotor bars? If their worn or the plain std JD bars you would be better off changing them to the rasp type from Loewen. There are other companies that make retro products for JD as well - Kuchar is another.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I don't do peas. I run a Loewen low wire, narrow spaced concave in the front, Deere narrow spaced in the middle and rear.

In dry wheat I do not use cover plates, have had the concave open as high as 23, real nice sample.

Last fall in wheat testing 18 - 20% moisture I did use covers on the center concave, still a good sample.

MS

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have two used ones 75% you would only use them in the front two spots. I really liked them but I trade 6 machines each year and they dont roll after market concaves. They will really reduce your returns, the cover plates are a little jimmy rigged.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts