The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever ran 20.8/42s singles or similar on the front of there STS? I`m thinking they would be a nice fit between 36inch corn rows. currently we`ve got the 30.5`s(i think) but they pack close to the row on strip till. I guess the down side of 20.8s would be a lot of weight on a little footprint.
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Aussiedeere you are right about the tires being overloaded but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. Jdmad if you check my vid out in the pictures section I have 20.8's on the combine and it has a 40 ft draper on it. We had to do it for their 3 meter tram tracking. They are special wheels but. The ones I hired were double rims, the New Holland I was working with had triple rims.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Bundy was it the pics of the 9760 doing wheat? Or is there different pics/vid?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Yeah there is a quick shot in the 'mid-west 2' vid. I thought I did more on them but apparently not
. There is also old pics of a 9760 doing chickpeas with them on. It's straddling 3 40 inch beds at emerald. The wheels I had last year are better than these but it gives you an idea I spose.

·
Registered
34 Posts
We run dual 20.8 42s on our 9860STS with 30 inch rows and run between rows. We used to have dual 18.4 42s on our 9650STS. That was one of our major concers when trading combines was we wanted tires that ran between the rows. The reason we went to 20.8s was because with the bigger machine and the weight difference between an 8 row corn head and our new 12 row the dealer said the side walls have a tendencey to fail on the 18.4 42s with all the extra weight. But we also went to rear wheel assist with those bigger duals and added weight.....sure glad we have that when harvesting in the mud.

·
Registered
162 Posts
650 duals would even fit in 36 inch rows, and they do fit in 30 inch rows, but stubble contact with a chopping head wears them out fast

·
Registered
48 Posts
We run 650/65/42 Michelins on a the stock 20.8/42 rim. IMO this is a great option whether you are gonna use singles or duals. They track 30 in rows, but this is as wide as I can make work. We run duals with a 12r30 and I love these tires for all conditions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts