The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
9770, round bar concaves set at 20mm, rotor at 300 rpm, fan at 950, top sieve 18, bottom 10mm. Corn is making around 80bpa, 12% moisture, running 7mph with 12 row. I have the general purpose sieve, not the deep tooth. It is throwing corn out the back, little more than i would like. The chaffer loss bar graph stays at about 24%, but the seperator bar graph on the right stays at 75% or more, so i figure what is on the ground must be comign from the rotor. I have slowed the fan down, slowed rotor down, etc and it doesnt seem to help. what am i doing wrong? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
321 Posts
cob size? with 80 bu corn you prob have smaller and likely tougher threshing cobs and need to reduce clearance.

have you done a power shutdown? have you lifted the spreader to see how much is still stuck to the ears when they come thru?

jd

·
Registered
49 Posts
Try putting A large wire concave in frount. I have had the same problem. When i did kill stalls i would find that the husk would not be opened up and the corn was rideing out with the husk when using all round bar concaves. The large wire will be more agresive thrashing and sould solve your problem.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cool, we have 600 acres of cotton also. i went to A&M also and graduated in 03 with ag systems management and agronomy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts