The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone running NH CX 8070, advise me as to whether you are happy with the machine. I know they (CX) had early problems with electrics - is that resolved? Any other issues popped up lately?
How's the walker loss in tough/damp conditions? I've had JD STS, they're quite good machines in suitable conditions but have rotor loss in tough straw/damp such as rice. I wish JD kept the CTS going - very underrated machine.
I require a machine that can handle very tough conditions (rice etc) as well as dry/brittle conditions. Can the CX be adjusted to handle both?
Information on fuel consumption & engine power would be appreciated.

·
Registered
87 Posts
As far as I know, the CX has no electrical problems anymore, I personally work at CX combines, the first CX has some problems, but they are all solved. Believe me, a CX is a very good combine.
Rotor combines, are good, but just in perfect conditions, when it's wet, the CX will do it better.

with the CX, you can tresh rice, corn wheat, .................................... etc....

go to http://agriculture.newholland.com/us/en/....s_techinfo.aspx for more information about the CX

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kristof - thanks for the info.
I gather you are in the UK where harvest conditions (straw) are often very damp. In these conditions, does the CX suffer from walker loss first or sieve loss when pushed hard?
In the opposite conditions (very dry & brittle straw) which comes first?
Our conditions in Australia are very hot & dry for cereals & tough/damp long straw, with high yields in rice - often laying on the ground. So a CX must be able to be "tweaked" to accommodate these conditions. Your advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
87 Posts
rod,

I don't harvest myself, i just fix electrical problems. don't worry, the CX/CR are very good combines, I am from Belgium and most combines here are NH and Claas, but no rotor combines, some have tried it, but in wet conditions, you have too much rotor loss.(Belgium is a wet country).

A CX is a very good combine for dry and wet conditions. and the CX is cheaper than a CR combine. so if you have to harvest in wet conditions too, go for a CX combine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts