The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I`m new to the forum so just want to say it`s a AWSOME forum. I`ve recently purchased a new to me 2003 9750 STS and am having trouble with the unload auger jaming up at the 90 degree bend when anloading wet grass seed. I open the inspection door and it`s all jamed behind the 90 degree gear box. Could the timing be out between the lift and cross auger?
Any suggestions would be awsome.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
778 Posts
The timing is definitely one of the main things to check. Also check the condition of the flighting. If the vertical auger is good and the horizontal is marginal then it won't be able to take it away fast enough. Pay particular attention to the tips of the flighting in the elbow. They must not be bent or worn in any way.

·
Registered
94 Posts
THe ends of the augers need to be 90 degrees off. When I time them I make sure the end of teh vertical unload auger is pointing at the grease zerk on the 90 degree gearbox ans that the end of the horizontal unload auger is pointing straight down at the ground.

·
Registered
26 Posts
heres a simple suggestion harvest dry grass seed!!!! it comes out of the tanks much better when dry like 10-14% moisture max

when our grass seed gets wet we always have unloading problems no matter what combine weve had!!!! when its damp those augers will pack that damp or wet grass seed in the tubes and make it just as hard as concrete!!! one thing u might try is unloading at lower engine speed that seemed to help a lot on our old 8820's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts