The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upgrading 4wds, dealer has a STX 435 and 485, both speced identical. The 435 has 2700hr and the 485 has 700hrs. Price is very close to the same. How are the 485s on fuel? Don't need 485hp only really need 430ish at the most. Will the 485 burn similar fuel doing the same work as a 435? Just worried about burning more fuel then needed for hp that's not touched. Would be pulling a 45 or 51ft airdrill notill. some hills.

·
Registered
474 Posts
price difference seems a bit odd.485 have all the options the 435 has? bigger is better and fuel consumption is usually controlled by throttle position. my vote is for the one with less hours. we run a 9040 new Holland power shift,very nice running tractor 12.7 iveco.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
What are you currently running for a tractor? I'd vote for the 485, have some reserve power on hand. They are pretty well the same tractor, if I understand, just a power rating difference. Difference in fuel usage would be negligible at best, all else being equal. Dealer support and warranty would be my criteria, otherwise it seems to me that an extra 50hp capacity with less hours, for the same dollars, is the undisputed winner. Just my opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.