The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brother in law has a late model 435, he was working up country and the park brake came on at 8.5kph found a fuse was blown and replaced it, but now every time he puts it in gear the fuse will blow and park brake comes back on. Anyone ever come across this issue before and know how to fix it? Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
Our 535 was throwing itself in and out of gear in its first week of work, but never when the mechanic was driving it. They swapped the selector on the steering column with a magnum they had in the yard and it went good for a few days. Turned out that the forward wire had been misrouted and had chaffed on the tilting mechanism. Changing the selector must of shifted the wire for a little while.

·
Premium Member
6,101 Posts
On my 2005 STX 500 my parking break would come on every time I tried to move it. This happened in the middle of seeding several years ago. Below the batteries there is a sensor mounted on the passenger side wall of the tractor that controls the brakes. It is by the hydraulic lines. Once I changed it my problems were over. My fuse was not blowing but the brakes applied after you moved the tractor a couple meters.

·
Registered
247 Posts
In laws STX 385 did same thing last spring. It was the solenoid in the hyd block under the batteries on the RH side. Block the hyd filter attaches too. The solenoid is on the inside against tractor frame. Mechanic said dirt & chaff get packed in there causing the solenoid to overheat. They changed the solenoid out and blow out that area couple times a year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.