The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a used 450 quad, 4200hrs, recent new tracks, reconditioned transmission?? Any thoughts on theses tractors would be great. What are the hydraulics like and possible issues can have with track running gear?

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
If it has hi flow pump 58 Gmp, shdnt have troubles. We run stx500 pull 60' 3710 with 6550 tank, no problems. I agree on road speed keep under 15 mph. If it was an ag machine should be fine, if it was construction move on. As far as operation, tracks leave. O compaction, about the same compaction as walking!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it has hi flow pump 58 Gmp, shdnt have troubles. We run stx500 pull 60' 3710 with 6550 tank, no problems. I agree on road speed keep under 15 mph. If it was an ag machine should be fine, if it was construction move on. As far as operation, tracks leave. O compaction, about the same compaction as walking!
Not sure about hi flow pump, is that a standard feature or option.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Definitely get the Kile caps. Also be prepared for high maintenance costs. I don't own a quad but have ran them and I haven't found them to do any more than my wheel tractor. They are heavy and will leave some good tracks in wet soil.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
It depends on what kind of shoes you are wearing, the tracks could actually be less than walking!

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I was exaggerating a bit, but figure out 36" wide by at least 6' on the ground times by 4. Then take 50000 lbs divide by this. About 5 psi. A 250 lb person walking is about 3.5 psi.

·
Registered
54 Posts
A quadtrac on dirt will pull more than a wheeled tractor so to say does the same you aren't pulling anything hard enough to realize the difference

1 - 12 of 12 Posts