The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ran across an ag PhD video on YouTube, they showed a type of sub surface irrigation as drain tile, only shallower and closer, and said you could use it both ways(irrigation and drainage).

My question is has anyone actually done this? Has it actually worked? I have a quarter I should tile as it turns into an 80 during spring, but I figured ask around first.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
So I ran across an ag PhD video on YouTube, they showed a type of sub surface irrigation as drain tile, only shallower and closer, and said you could use it both ways(irrigation and drainage).

My question is has anyone actually done this? Has it actually worked? I have a quarter I should tile as it turns into an 80 during spring, but I figured ask around first.
link?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I know a few guys that have done it. Joel at Northern Plains Drainage has on his own farm. Very complex as you need a header pipe on the high end of the field and a collection main at the other. Harder install than regular tile. Believe he feeds it from a tile water collection pond from his next field higher

1 - 4 of 4 Posts