The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a B&H Manufacturing strip till dry fert +nh3.Originally had notched trash discs(concaved)but I removed them in soy stubble as they moved too much soil and didn't need to remove trash anyway.Now with corn prices favorable to corn on corn ,would like an effective removal of corn stubble.Originals will not keep from plugging.Think the Sunco discs/hub assembly will bolt on.They are addvertised not to plug.Anyone have any exsperience with them in any applications with corn stubble?Sunco web site has poor video of them on a planter in bean stubble,looks like soil is being moved?(have tried Martin wheels with no success)Thanks,Zimm

·
Registered
521 Posts
I do not have any corn [stubble] to use them in, but I have used them in MASSIVE amounts of wheat stubble, and they never have plugged! Before buying them, I just about went crazy!
I even tried out a coulter cart, and would have purchased it, had it worked..This [cart] was before I purchased the SunCo Trash Wheels...when I bought them, ALL the problems were over. I would recommend them over anything else I have seen.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Last spring I planted in very trashy corn stalks with lots of root balls. I have sunco brand TW and my friend has martins. We were planting together in same field , he plugged a few times but I never did.After we got done with that field he could see that the sunco TW worked better than his. The bad thing is they cost about $60 to $70 a row more than others.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ole815 ,was this tilled ground? How do they perform in No Till?Did either of you have coulters and where were they positioned relative to the trash wheels? Thanks,Zimm

·
Registered
38 Posts
Zimm426, yes I plant in tilled ground, sorry, I noticed after my reply your post was in reference to no-till situations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts