The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pics from this years harvest in north central ND.

In this pic we are putting out some smoldering spots in the engine compartment.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Re: Sonflower Harvest Pics

That's some nice pics you got there dirtdigger!

You wouldn't have to have some of the head or front you were using in the sunflowers??

- Peter

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are some pics of the heads we use. They are JD all crop headers. There are quite a few different types of headers used to combine sunflowers.

·
Registered
74 Posts
dirtdigger where were these pics taken?that field of sunflowers must have been quite a sight last august , september.nice job.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Nice pictures.those look like some good sunflowers.I always liked cutting sunflowers.My dad grew them back in the mid eighties.We cut them with a 4 row 454 JD head on a 6600.Boy,you could sure haul a$$ cutting dry flowers!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, for headacker these pics were taken in North Dakota about 70 miles south of the Canadian border. Yields were pretty good this year considering we had a hot and below normal precip for the year. They definitely tapped into the subsoil we had. The down side is they really deplete things for next years wheat crop. A reduction of about 10 bushel was common for this years wheat on flower ground. In wet years we see a yield increase due less disease pressure. Here are a few more pics of some harvest pics from this year.

Here I am cutting some yellow peas

Spring wheat harvest

·
Registered
508 Posts
Nice pictures. That N7 must be a good machine if your keeping her around? I hear sunflowers aren't that profitable of a crop? No one grows them here other then for bird feed.

Take care,

Nathan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts