The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into Sunnybrook con caves for a 2388. Interested in the module design ones like a 8010/8120 use. Anyone use these? Good/Bad?

Are they easier to change out than the one piece design? Strong enough they don't bend?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I am thinking about them too. I have no doubts about the strength of function of them. Just weather the cost would justify them. Doesnt take much to thresh canola and carberry but some other crops they would pay I think.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am thinking about them too. I have no doubts about the strength of function of them. Just weather the cost would justify them. Doesnt take much to thresh canola and carberry but some other crops they would pay I think.
There website isn't very useful. Doesn't give any real info or at least a picture of them. Since changing concaves is easy on our 8120. We are change them to fine tune threshing for each crop.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
We have a set for our 7120 set for wheat.

Here's a decent generic picture of what the modules look like: http://www.farmshow.com/images/resize.php?w=300&img=/images/articles/36/2/5346_l.jpg

Basically each concave frame is about half the width of the factory one, and consist of little square modules that you can put in whatever modules you need. I ordered a wheat set last year. Looks kind of like a red version of what's in the picture there, but not so many blanks. I never could get a real good test of them because lately wheat has been so easy to thresh and clean that I couldn't tell the difference between stock concaves and the sunnybrook ones. No whitecaps from either one! But I feel the sunnybrook ones should work better in hard thresh conditions.

As far as the weight of the concaves go, each half sunnybrook concave section weighs as much as an entire OEM Case module (flagship series). So if you have two halves bolted together to make a single unit, it's pretty heavy. Individually they aren't too bad though.

We haven't bought a second set for the other combine yet until we get some normal hard-thresh wheat conditions to really prove their worth!

·
Registered
127 Posts
the website is new a couple of weeks ago..hopefully a year from now, every second line on the site will have a word hi-lighted with a link to information such as examples:

It's an easy website for us to manage and get information to you..that being said we need to 'get er dun

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.