The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jesus, you guys have some nice gear! Looks like you guys spend alot of money lately!

What is that screen there for on the back of the combines?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
rubber, i'm gonna guess they might bale the straw or something and don't want it blowing everywhere?

i wanna know why there's diamond tread tires on it....never seen that before.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nice sidehll machines, we have a 9510 sidehill and absolutely love it. are the 50 series factory or hillco, cuz it looks like they are 9650s which would mean they can't be factory?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Its been a LONG time since we had a nice day, so today cinco de Mayo we decided to have a bit of fun with our green toys.

#3 joining up

here is the herd >>8130 (ILS)(IVT) and our 'lead bull' (8530)

now getting down to bizness we hooked up our brand new 1590 it was making the shop smell!!! a good smell though

Our 1560 that we traded off had guiders on it, so this new one w/out looks kinda naked to me, oh well greenstar is our guiders now.

It made for a fun afternoon. enjoy!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nice pics! It's neat to see combines set up like that. It'd be nice to run a sidehill combine in that terrain, just to see what it's like. It's alot different than what we're used to in North Dakota!

·
Registered
144 Posts
On JD sidehills, the tires are vertical, but on the Hillco conversions, the tires are perpendicular to the ground as the whole axle tilts. The diamond tread tires get better grip on extremely steep and soft ground.

Brandon

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Here in oregofornia the combine harvest weather is hot and dry. The only harvest that needs bar lugs is corn and late beans. Sometimes cauliflower and broccoli have a damp soil harvest too. But the combines roll from late june in crimson clover to late september in red clover. Rains dont usually start around here in any quantity till october.

Lots of valley grass machines run the skirt on the rear for wind/air reasons. Grass harvest with a tail wind dont go over too well.

Notice the loader tractor with floaters? Planter tractor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts