The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a little information from the introduction. I was not there so all that I have is second hand. Please feel free to correct me if I have mispoken on any parts.

The s67 and s77 will have a 30" rotor. They also have larger accelerator rolls and fan. The s67 will have the current bin extensions while the s77 will have a 390 bu electrically folding extension. Both models will be adBlue Sisu diesel like the 8600 series MF tractors (no 7 cylinder). I think I recall that the 67 will be rated at 315 hp while the 77 will be 360 hp.

The current 66 and 76 machines will be produced through the end of the year and then the Super series will start production in 2011. It did not appear to have any changes to clean grain elevator or sieve areas.

This is what little I have "gleaned" on the subject. Please add more details as you get them.

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/4395/s67o.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was also told info by someone there. He said that the S77 will have 400hp, but didn't know how many cyl eng. Tritura will be on the side of the machine as that is what they call the feeding system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe that the 398 hp or 400 hp number is the power bump. It seemed that they were triing hard not to be 400 hp. I believe they are enjoying the marketing angle that they are accomplishing more with less imput.

I added a poor photo link to my above post. It was blurry enough that I could not tell what the writing was on the side. Now that you say Tritura will be on the side I can almost make that out under the S67 decal.

·
Registered
82 Posts
no surprise the S in the decal is in red, LOL. oh well at least it will match our new Case IH tractor if we decide to stay will Gleaner, concave has also increased by 10% . Tritura? these guys like putting strange names on the side, you guys remember the Hawk series back in the late 80's, still dont know what they meant by that one. Oh well nice to finally see something new.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just remembered something else, i can recall maybe 10 years ago or so when everyone was asking for more capacity, and going as wide as they can go, they clearly stated that they where at there threshing limit and increasing rotor diameter will not increase capacity. go figure!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry, but couldn't help but notice either that the orange splash is gone. A minor detail I know. Yeah it is great that they are serious about improving a good machine. Found out on the new Agco DT series tractor that adding the DEF is not as big of a problem as originally I thougt it would be, but I have a 205hp compared to the 400hp I would think you will be adding DEF quite often. Still better than Deeres idea to clean things up though.

·
Registered
491 Posts
as far as engines in combines i would not say the jd is a reliable one! - had experience with a 9770???

rest of the combine is rather nice however!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Regarding Urea - EGR, Went to a Versatile Power Drive event last week and talked to Cummins rep on site. He said that come 2014 final Tier 4 nobody will be able to meet regs without using both.

The red trim is the dictators latest "stick in your eye" to us traditional Gleaner/AC customers. This little stunt will stain an otherwise superb product and launch. Some ex AGCO personnel (now working for Versatile) were at the Power Drive event and indicated that the objective is one Cat dealer per state per the dictator. Wont that go over good!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Well hopefully they have finally realized that the R series is the past, present and future of their combine business. I fond the red splotch interesting. I predicted some time ago that if the R series stays around it will ultimately be painted red and be named Massey. I think this is the first step in getting that done.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I agree 100% with you lookingglass, and this whole Agco/challenger deal, they need to wake up, besides the large track units that Cat already had and sell relatively well, the rest of the line seems to be a flop. How many challenger branded combines have been sold since their inception, now that's a line that should have been dropped. Cat dealers are heck bent on selling those heavy, complicated Lexions. Cant wait to see the S7 at Big Iron.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Deere dealer by me is allready selling Urea, asked why he said "It won't be long, and we will have to, Deere is allready working on SCR technology for the very near future."
Get you a tank ready farmerjones because you will eventually need urea. Its just John Deeres way of waiting to see how everbody else does it, and then in with a flash there they are saying "Look what we designed" Another question for you farmerjones and anybody else, what diesel pickup are you going to drive that you don't have to put urea in? Evidently everybody going to drive a Dodge I guess. As for the red color, really means nothing look at how it faded from orange to red on a 1998 model. You guys need to get a life.

·
Premium Member
4,091 Posts
i like the look of the 4 piece concave and bigger access to it. curtain for spreader is a little different, they didn't have to change much to get a nice spread maybe spreader height from ground also added to the improved straw spread

·
Registered
379 Posts
Would be nice to get some more info, the super 7 page is not giving any. Any improvements to chopper area? What has been done other than rotor diameter and accelerator roll size and Urea in the engine? How did it compare with other brands on the run?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hey Guys,

We launched the combine to dealers Tuesday night outside of Wichita. We're giving them a few days to review the materials and then we are putting pretty much everything up on www.gleanersuper7.com. I'll come post something here when the new content is up.

1 - 20 of 325 Posts