The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
News from Gleaner

Dear Great Silver Fleet,

I would like to provide a sneak peek of the Super Seven, nicknamed "The Stealth". The Stealth got a special paint job just before we take it head-to-head against the competition in the field. (The production Super Seven will not be painted black). But the black paint should be the least of the competition's worries. The S7 is a super-capacity combine representing a new generation of Gleaner transverse harvesting technology. It will gladly take on combines that need far more fuel, weight and forgiveness for grain loss.

The S7 will be in the wheat harvest running side-by-side with competitive machines as well as our current Gleaner combines. If you have submitted your email address on gleanersuperseven.com, we will let you know which dealers you can contact to see the S7 in the field. You will also see the Stealth at this year's major farm shows.

These pictures show the S7 being prepped for its trip to Texas and Oklahoma where it will face-off against two Case 7120s. Predictions are for a big crop in Oklahoma and we expect the S7 to show everyone exactly why we call it "Super." The machines will compete on loss levels, fuel use and overall ability to get the crop in. We'll get you the results when they're in.

The Stealth S7 displays the original Gleaner logo on its cab as a nod to our founders who did exactly what we seek to do with this machine; change the rules of harvesting. The Stealth S7 incorporates a new processor system with added capacity that builds on the proven Natural Flow system. Details will be released in the near future concerning the combine's specifications, performance and, most importantly, how you can get yours reserved. In the meantime, please stay tuned to gleanersuperseven.com for updates from the field.

This is the Gleaner you've been waiting for. This changes everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

·
Super Moderator
4,011 Posts
Yeah that strikes me as odd too.
We seem to be getting a "my dad can beat your dad" line but we''ll start with your baby brother first.

Don

·
Registered
245 Posts
The 7120s are what are available on one of the custom harvest teams we are running with. We will be testing against several machines- that's just what's first. It's not easy to get someone to come run side by side with the S7 when they don't know what we have under the sheet metal. That said, if you are on the wheat run and have a machine you want to run along side us, post your contact info and I'll see what we can do.

If I understand correctly, the major difference between the 7120 and 8120 is really just horsepower (I may be mistaken, so feel free to correct me). Therefore, I think we'll have a decent view of the abilities of the Case system for cleaning grain vs. Gleaner in a way that farmers will be able to judge for themselves. I'm hoping to have an 8120 but as I said above, getting one can be tough.

The test will use the same size header. Both combines will head down and back. The grain will be weighed and fuel use measured for each machine. During the run, we'll perform a loss catch on both. I can't tell you the exact mechanisms that are at work in the S7 that have made us so confident in the results until the dealers get a chance to see the machine. What I can tell you is that we have performed this test multiple times in multiple crops.

·
Registered
367 Posts
There is a fairly significant difference between a 7120 and 8120. 7120s are built on the 52" chassis and the 8120s are on the 62" chassis (think of the difference between an R52 and an R62 - shoe is wider, feeder is wider = more capacity). An R76 will make a 7120 look silly in wheat, there is no doubt of that. The 7120 is just not an impressive combine from a capacity and grain saving standpoint, never has been. So if the Super7 has improvements beyond production R76s, you have absolutely nothing to worry about running circles around a 7120. An 8120 would be more of a challenge, but in wheat, I would still hang my hat on the Gleaner doing a better job. An STS isn't going to give you much trouble either in wheat. I look forward to following the progress and learning more about the Super 7, that's for sure.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Seriously, GS7, Dano hit the nail on the head.
Put the AGCO Black beast up against the so called "New Deere", that we are sure (an assumption on my part unless Deere is going direct to manufacturing this summer) will be out there, somewhere for wheat harvest.

Like someone said, forget the 7120, put it up against the 9120s and 9870s. If you guys (AGCO) can get a machine that you dont' have to break down to haul, and will match the other colors big rotors in the field, you might just have a chance to be back and get some serious CH volume in sales.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'd like to see it up to Deere's prototype that'd be a showdown. Bet the "Praying Mantis" would kick the S7 outta the Field!!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
We have some 50-60 b/a fields. We have the grain carts. We're ready. They just need to show up. They already know who to contact. We'll start in Texas next week.

We're going to run against a Deere in Kansas but it sure would be nice to go against their prototype. They can bring their proto flex draper as well and see how it goes against the Dynaflex.

Please help me lobby Deere to bring their proto against the S7.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Man, you are bold! I've never seen such bold statements from a company like this. Are you sure you have Agco's permission to being promoting this combine like you are when its still a prototype?

I am sure if you ran against Deere their would be two sides to the story.

·
Registered
342 Posts
The shoe is smaller on the 7120 but the feederhouse and rotor are the same. What are your standards for grain loss in small grains?

·
Registered
245 Posts
We have a great product. We are confident in its abilities.
We'll start posting video soon.

But Impartial makes a good point. It is certainly unusual for a manufacturer to want to compare its machine directly against a competitor. What I don’t understand is how anyone is content with such a situation. You deserve to see what this combine can do for yourself. You deserve to compare machines. We know there are plenty of wives tales out there about Gleaners. It’s time you see and know the truth and that’s exactly what we’re going to do.

We say Gleaners are Built with the Farmer in Mind. That’s why we still build them out of metal. That’s why we lowered the feed floor. That’s why we improved the clean grain auger. And these are improvements to the current machines. We got out in customers fields and took out prototypes with custom harvesters. We learned what works.

Let’s lay all this bickering aside. I understand the crop is coming faster than predicted. We’ll be out there and we’re going to show you the results. You’ll see loss comparisons and fuel use and you can make up your own mind. And then you can tell us if you believe we built the Super Seven with you in mind.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The path we cut will mostly be determined by crops coming in, friends that will let us cut with them and coordination with others. I can't tell you with certainty where we'll be when but I can say the same run was made last year and it comes up toward your neck of the woods. Also, I believe barley was part of last years test. I can't tell you if it will be part of this years. Sorry to be vague but nature and opportunities will dictate much of what we do on this run. Please stay tuned to our updates as where we will be and what we'll be doing.

I appreciate the question about the auger but I must give the same answer I've given to similar requests. I cannot release specifics on the machine until the dealers have had a chance to review it for themselves. Our dealers are great people that give their heart for Gleaner. We owe to them to let them get the details before anyone else.

As to impartial's question of whether we have dealers that want to trade multiple machines yearly for big custom cutters:

Yes. And, we do.

·
Premium Member
4,091 Posts
please explain why they are unreliable, i bought a used R-72 with 1200 separator hours and have put 400 more separator hours on it, one belt and one idler is all i had for down time, if only i could get my Honeybee header to be more reliable. i do go through both units in the off season.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I admire what you are trying to do gleanersuper7, however will you also release problems and negatives with the machine? I also query why only run against a 7120. Surely if it is as good as some of the big statements being made on here you would take on the biggest. I am just not sure how a claim that beating 7120's and 9770's but not running against 98's, and 81-9120's is a positive. To use a local sporting analogy, it kinda seems like a guy claiming he was the best college level footballer in the country but never played NFL.....

·
Registered
337 Posts
Class 7 to class 7 sounds like a contest to me. If they ran against 8's and beat them, the red and green sevens would claim foul. Could be a Super 8 or 9 coming too, who knows?

1 - 20 of 219 Posts