The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We installed all the necessary parts to add the additional pre-cleaner to our 9770...it bolts right on. Essentially it makes the 9770 into a 9870 sans the big motor.
In our conditions in wheat, we were a shy on shoe capacity (wonder why) as opposed to power or rotor loss. I looked at all the part numbers and the ICC bolts right on to any of the smaller combines.
Much ( not really, I expected this) to my surprise, ALL the fan drive parts are identical on all the machines. The higher fan speed on the 98 is achieved my adjusting the lock nuts on the screw adjuster and voila, more speed. We also added the revamped windboard to ensure that everything was EXACTLY like a 98.
Long story short, for about $1500 we have the exact threashing and cleaning of a 9870 in a 9770. It does allow us to travel faster in high yielding wheat, so it was a good addition.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Re: 'SUPER' 9770 with ICC

We run two 9770s. Curious, what are your settings and how fast are you cutting in what kind of yields. We cut some winter wheat and I averaged around 4.5 mph in 40-60 bu with a 36ft header. If field conditions were good I got up to 5 mph. Capacity hasn't been a problem except I get rotor loss before I get shoe loss. My settings are 830 on the fan, 860 on the rotor, concave at 10, top chaffer 16 and bottom sieve 5 with no filler plates or bands anywhere on the concave.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

We typically have 100+ bushel wheat with short straw and our shoe loss has been limiting.
With the addition of the ICC both shoe and rotor loss are similar so we can go about 10% faster on average and keep loses less than 1%
We have a 630 flex and travel about 3.5mph.
If shoe loss is not an issue, this would not benefit.

I forgot to add, we use the round bar concaves with 3 sets of interupter bars and with this setup we have greatly increased separation which has led to the shoe being limiting. In our wheat, the small wire was too restrictive and thus carried too much wheat further back the rotor.

·
Registered
39 Posts

kinzepower, did you also have to add the left hand side shoe drive that the 9870 has ?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

AH223121 - CHAFFER
AH223122 - BRACKET X 2
H225940 - PARTITION X 3
H224488 - PARTITION X 3
AH212262 - SHEET
05616663 - GROMMET 16mm
plus a handful of fasteners

The entire parts bill was $1200 canadian...WELL worth it IMHO.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: 'SUPER' 9770 with ICC <<<<now with part #'s>>>

Maybe late 60 series, have to check to see if the chaffer frame # is the same as the 9870.

·
Registered
400 Posts

you can probably get it to work, but it will not bolt right in.

there will be drilling involved

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

ststech is right. On the new sts's, the holes to bolt the chaffer on already exist. If your dealer stocked one, you could use it as a template. There is NOTHING complicted about it. I am sure if you had to replace your shoe frame, you would get the new one with the holes already there.
If you find you need more sieve areal, it is worth the while especially if you are keeping the machine for a while.

·
Registered
12 Posts

do you think this would help in high yielding corn and soybeans I already run deep tooth chaffer and sieve

·
Registered
2,118 Posts

9670, 9770, & 9870 chaffer & sieve frames are all the same, so I would think it should bolt right on as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts

guys do you think this would help in high yielding corn and beans just wondering because i farn alot of hill ground and could use anything to improve cleaning shoe performance. I know that i need hillco but i havr been getting by with out it for years. i already have the hillside kit with tall dividers and flapers

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I am going to say probably, but with hills...I am not sure.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Super???

Is SUPER a term applied by John Deere? I can't find it anywhere on DEERE's web site discussing any such performance enhancement.

·
Registered
32 Posts

I would like to do this but a little scared to drilling holes in 9760 correctly also is it a big job putting the ramp sheet in fan. Any help would be great all cleaning is a plus.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I think it took about 1.5 hours to R and R that sheet for the fan.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts