The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of trading machines, and dealer doesn't seem familiar with RWD.
we have an 02' 9650 STS with 20.8/38 duals and john deere 2 speed RWD that was installed new in '05 (i think).
would that be interchangable with a 9770?

also, is there any reason that the duals couldn't be swapped with the 9770 that has 800 metrics?
thanks, i know it sounds like a lot of b.s., but he has a nice machine with the right hours, nice price, just the wrong rubber.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
60 Series combine for a 70 Series combine and would like to move the four-wheel drive motors to the 70 Series machine. Can this be done

Four-wheel drive components can be transferred to 70 Series machines with a few additional parts

Want to install their two speed four wheel drive motors from their 50 series combine on to their new 60 series combine.

The 50 and 60 series two speed motors are Interchangeable, however they have been improved for 60 series combines. These motors have a heavier bearing support and a 5-bolt mounting bracket. Because of this, it's advantageous to order a new 60 series combine with 4WD installed and highly recommended if 4WD will be installed on 9860 models.

The two speed four wheel drive motor from a 50 series machine can be installed on a 60 series combines. Before installing check the rolling torque, it should be greater than 10 ft/lb. Also, check the king pin bushings and consider replacing them if there is wear. These checks are good preventative maintenance for all machines but become more important if the machine is going to be operating in side hill conditions or if grain tank extensions are going to be installed.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
and to answer your question, yes the spacers from your 50 series should fit the 70 series & the wheels should be the same and if not just switch final drives. I don't think the ladder will fit correctly however (needs a few different pieces I think).

·
Registered
400 Posts
as far as the ladder and the extremity lights, all can easily be swapped over from machine to machine, same as wheels and spacers
check to see if 9650 has the HD final drives, not sure if i like the idea of regular drives on a 9770

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think Tom can answer this better than I but aren't the spindles way heavier on the 60 and 70 series vs. 50 series? The motors and hoses may be compatable but I thought axle parts were completely different.
Regarding swapping rims, to my knowledge all STS's have same bolt pattern (from 50 series-70 series), which actually is the same as 8820. Walker machines with planetaries (9600, 9610, 9650) would be the same also.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have egg on my face. The components from 50 series STS RWD would be the same as 60 or 70. I was thinking of the 50 series walker machines--they would be the same as 9600 or 9610. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Traded in a 60 Series combine for a 70 Series combine and would like to move the four-wheel drive motors to the 70 Series machine. Can this be done?
MY 08 Machines (serial number 725101-730000)
Four-wheel drive components can be transferred to 70 Series machines with a few additional parts.
You will need
1- AH220122 70 Series 4WD Harness
1-AH226745 Case drain hose (Replaces AH153932)
1-AH225307 Forward pressure hydro hose (9670–9870 Only)
cab address will need to be changed to show that the Fourwheel drive option is install. , CAB 113 - _ X X X X n X X DISPLAY/MODIFY: Four wheel drive option 0 = Disabled 1 = Enabled.

Field Installation Instruction for assistance with hose routing.

MY 09 and 10 Machines (serial number 730101-) W/0 ProDrive

These machines will require the above parts, in addition to installing new flow limiters (AH231053 and AH231054) for the propulsion lines. The design of the flow limiter mounting bracket was changed between model year 08 an 09. The flow limiters are now directly bolted to the bracket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts