The Combine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 R65. I am wanting to add sweeps to the rotor. Where do you purchase them? How many do I need? Do they come with instructions on how to install them? I harvest mostly corn and soybeans and a little wheat. Anyone that has sweeps, how do you like them?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
How many reverse bars do you run? That could be causing your rumbling making your concave somewhat constipated. Also if your concave isnt level it can create unintended pinch points during the crops way to the chopper creating some rumbling. 30 mins and a tape measure can confirm that your concave is level from side to side.

·
Registered
94 Posts
This is what Sunnybrook welding recommends, they are the ones who supply the sweeps to AGCO. The pictures are from Sunnybrook and I think would work fine for small grains and soybeans, but with the large sweeps and the modified impellers might be a bit to much for corn. We are going to try a combine with 6 sweeps only and see what it does.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How many reverse bars do you run? That could be causing your rumbling making your concave somewhat constipated. Also if your concave isnt level it can create unintended pinch points during the crops way to the chopper creating some rumbling. 30 mins and a tape measure can confirm that your concave is level from side to side.
I don't run any reverse bars. I have checked the concave for level. The combine runs smooth most of the time but when conditions get a little tough it will rumble. I am just wanting to make it the best it can be that is why I was asking about the sweeps. thanks

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Are we talking CDF? Any shimmed rotor bars or helical bars if CDF? Sweeps will get rid of the rumble at any rate. You could likely fix any rotor loss by removing helical bars on separator cage door or installing jump bar like some talk about. Also have adjustable separator grate to adjust for possible loss. I think you could adjust to your liking with the sweeps in place. Some guys have reported even using reverse bars with sweeps installed and still getting benifit of the sweeps. Reverse bars should be later of the options according to most of what I hear. Sorry I see original topic title sweeps on CDF. I guess response might fit for others with similar question.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.