The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our farm has been deere for the last couple decades. After last year's performance of the S series combines we finally decided to needed to look for an alternative. We decided to buy 3 leftover 2013 Lexion 750tt's. We were very concerned coming into it what service and reliability would be like. With harvest complete I can now say that we do not regret our decision one bit. The quality of corn harvested this year was 10 times better than previous years. Feel free to ask me any questions. I just wanted to post this in case anyone else was like us and on the fence, do it you won't regret it one bit.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I also switched from a deere to a lexion, hard to do when all we have ever ran is a deere but man after a season in a lex you couldn't give me a deere back! Dealer is the only thing you need to consider if your switching cause the combine is great, my dealer seems good so far.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
In my area resale is so bad on a Lexion it's basically not even financially feasible to own with the depreciation hit it takes. If it's not worth anything in two years it's hard to make it work. Plus I'm not ready to wait in line for a service call from the only dealer that is nearly 1.5 hours away. A good Lexion dealer could change that scenario, but for many that doesn't exist where they live.
Good for you, please stay green.

I for one am sick of green's crap, and want a machine that will put my crop in the tank and not on the ground. In two years the lexion will have put $50,000 worth of extra crop in my pocket. In ten years I could give the lexion away or sell it for scrap and I will still be money ahead than if I owned a deere.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
In my area resale is so bad on a Lexion it's basically not even financially feasible to own with the depreciation hit it takes. If it's not worth anything in two years it's hard to make it work. Plus I'm not ready to wait in line for a service call from the only dealer that is nearly 1.5 hours away. A good Lexion dealer could change that scenario, but for many that doesn't exist where they live.
I wish I could find those elusive worthless 2 yr old Lexions...I've been looking everywhere and can't find them:rolleyes:. If they really existed I and many of my neighbors would buy them;)

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Opposite here

My dealer has no heavy Claas trades, several off color but not heavy trades, but red and green are up to their ass in heavy same color trades.
I can assure you fj I could swap 14 to 15 for far less than the quotes I've heard on any other same color trade.

So, what's the moral of that lovely story?
Location, location, location.

·
Registered
497 Posts
By your location I'm guessing you have steep hills. I have no idea how a Deere performs in that type of terrain. But thinking a Lexion could have better grain savings than the performance I get from my Deere seems hard to comprehend, as I rarely can find .5% loss behind my Deere and my ground speed is limited by my header performance in my rolling terrain. No need to be grouchy. We are green (as is easily 75% of every combine in this county) because of resale, performance, and many dealerships all around within 20 miles. Lexion can't compete with that here, so they have no presence. I only know of two farms that have them in this area. They are always broke down waiting for someone to drive a couple of hours or waiting a week for a part from Germany. I have no patience for that, even if the machine is fantastic. Ever wonder why traveling professional custom harvesters don't have Lexion's!?!? No dealer support.
have you ever dropped the chopper and weighed your loses? Because after we did beside the lexion the deere left the farm, you have obviously never combined canola because deere rotors are terrible in canola, and our sts always had something wrong with it, 2 4x4 feeder chains into the feed accelerator in 200 hrs no rocks or anything picked up. Deere has a few things going for it on combine sales, there a American icon, they have great parts and dealers and people buy them thinking there as good as the 9600's were.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
have you ever dropped the chopper and weighed your loses? Because after we did beside the lexion the deere left the farm, you have obviously never combined canola because deere rotors are terrible in canola, and our sts always had something wrong with it, 2 4x4 feeder chains into the feed accelerator in 200 hrs no rocks or anything picked up. Deere has a few things going for it on combine sales, there a American icon, they have great parts and dealers and people buy them thinking there as good as the 9600's were.
X2, I'm tired of my Deere leaking or throwing my crop on the ground. No it's not hilly around here and .05% is a pipe dream if your running a Deere in my conditions. Try 2-4% then you'd be closer to the truth.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow I wasn't expecting this thread to get that many post lol. j am located in north central ohio and my dealer is Ohio Ag Equipment. We switched from S680s to the 750s. As for resale, many have hit on the point that when you are saving tens of thousands of dollars a year compared to your previous machine that makes up for it. When I say grain quality I was not referring to losses. These lexions did not grind the higher moisture corn like our deere would.

·
Registered
78 Posts
So what exactly are the big advantages of the lexion over deere? I've heard some mention capacity but that's not an issue with my s670. I harvest mostly higher yielding irrigated crops such as corn wheat and soybeans but can keep my losses to somewhere between .05 and .1%. When you say capacity are we talking a lot or a small amount in the crops I mentioned? Also what are the disadvantages if any? I know very little about lexion combines but I do have a dealer an hour away. Looks like the 740 would be comparable to my s670? Does it burn less fuel, can it start earlier and maybe run later? What about maintenance or major repairs due at x amount of hours. Not looking for smart ass replies just honest comments as I might be willing to swap if it's that much better of a combine. Profit margin very slim for what I grow but if it'll put more in my pocket I might try it. Thanks in advance for the info

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.