The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a concord with a Dickey John Cooler on it. I want to do some variable rate NH3 this year. I would like to switch to the Raven and run it with a John Deere controller being I run a 2630 mapping and auto steer in tractor and combine. What will it cost or would it be better just to trade into a John Deere drill probably would be an 1895. TIA

·
Registered
923 Posts
We run VR with our continental cooler and DJ valves on our 2630, no need to switch unless you want to for other reasons. I either case you will need the John Deere rate controller box which is approx 2-3 grand. If you go the DJ route they have cabling that will patch it in, works excellent.

·
Registered
287 Posts
On my old drill I had a old dj100 that I converted to run with a jd 2600. You need the jd rate controller same as when you use it on a raven system. I did have to change the pin out on one cable to make it work and come up with some calibration factors. Once we got it going used it that way for a couple years. Only thing to remember is the control valve is power to open/ power to close so if you ever have a electrical problem you should have an emergency shut off valve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.