The Combine Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well it is definitely good to stick with what you know to a point. We made a switch this year from Yellow to red. We have been NH since the tr70. They have been great for us especially from the tr 98 and up. We got a couple 8250s with automation. We had one of our cr's for the first half of harvest which was nice to run them side x side.
We have actually been surprised by a few things. First we were expecting the case to burn a fair bit more fuel, but hoped that it wouldn't be a terrible difference. Both the case and nh are deleted, and both are tuned. So neither are stock. We didn't have a day where the case burned more than the cr, and to be honest that really surprised us.
Next we expected to have more grain loss with the case, but hoped it would be close.
Our case's have the large tube rotor just FYI.
All losses are checked with a bushel plus drop pan catching in window mode both chaff and straw to get true results.
Running the case in automation for settings and controlling the speed ourselves is how we ran almost all the time so far because of the variation between hills and valley's. The case was just as good as if not better than the cr almost every time, even in barley which I still am surprised by.
The cr's have been excellent machines in pretty much every way for us and we did not switch because we were dissatisfied with the product.
However we are quite happy with the case's and so far have no regrets. I see a lot on here about case's being limited by the single rotor and poor rethrasher and on and on.
We have not had any issues with returns, and to get wheat down to .7% dockage we had basically no returns.
As for capacity we are very happy, they are tuned to similar hp to a 9.90 and will run right with one.

·
Registered
41 Posts
No it wasn't. Automated crs are rare.
I guess it is apples to apples enough for us.
Automation won't drastically change a machines performance, it does fine tune it with parameters that you preselected so you still need to know how to set the machine fairly close.

·
Registered
172 Posts
No it wasn't. Automated crs are rare.
I guess it is apples to apples enough for us.
Automation won't drastically change a machines performance, it does fine tune it with parameters that you preselected so you still need to know how to set the machine fairly close.
I have automation in my 10.9. I never use it. This year I turned it on in canola just to see how my settings compared to what the automation would do. It increased the fan speed 50 rpm.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I was under the impression that 2019 and above CRs are all automated. My BIL has automation 8.9 and loves them. I would love automation, we have lots of big hills, butttttt, the $$$$ are too great!

·
Registered
940 Posts
I have automation and love it for the most part. You got to have a Evan crop for it to work 100%. A crop that’s inconsistent your better off setting how you like it for the condition. That’s what we do in corn set our self's cuz I think our yields are not like the big corn growing areas like in the US. Other wise than that is good tool to have. I think the best bang for automation is in canola for us. I find what changes the most would be the fan speed. When you think it should slow down it seeps up or vice versa. You will not have a better cleaner sample in canola without automation. We run 9250s case I find if you push it over 650-700 bph it’s starts to throw. But that’s a case for you.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts