The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your going to gain in capacity and no bugs I've heard of. Everything is beefed up compare to a 23/25 model. There really nice!!

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
7088 is a darn good machine, check and make sure dealer has tensioner set correctly on chopper, might have got this fixed, 2588's had some issues if belt was to tight, don't sell any right here, everyone wants the big dogs, scott.

·
Registered
75 Posts
We ran a 6088 last year, the only problem we encountered was the pitch on the feeder house had to be changed when we went from beans to corn.
In the beans it was a real rock picker, we have a lot of rocks here.
So we "raised" the pitch and it ran great.
But when we got into corn, to get it to feed the crop in properly, we needed to set it back to it's original setting.
Oh yeah, and the 8 row corn head wouldn't lock onto the machine properly with the feeder house adjustment.
All in all it is a really nice machine though.

·
Registered
648 Posts
We currently run a 2005 9760 with a 36ft head on 7,000 ac of wheat. Our local case dealer is going to have us try a new 7088 this year. How does this machine compare to our current one? The soil in our area is very high in silica and we our combines wear out fast. We haven't been too happy with the wear on our JD.

We would like to try a Lexion, however the only Lexion dealer in the Pacific Northwest is located 300mi away. Do Case's wear better than a Deere? I would not expect them to be as heavy as a Lexion. Are there any bugs with this machine?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Goalie, yes we tipped the saddle back.
Loosened the 14 bolts, 7 each side, and tipped it back about 2-3 inches.
This really helped out and ran well in the beans.

Casefarmer, because of the adjustment to the saddle the locks on the bine just couldn't reach the pins on the head.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Really, the dealers tech didn't know that.
Imagine that....lol
Could you please explain how you did it.
Sure would be easier than tipping the saddle between crops.
Thanks

·
Registered
247 Posts
My 6088 is at the dealer right now to get some update done on it so I can't go and look at it. As I recall there is a couple bolts to loosen and you can reposition the lever/latch. I'll check it out when I get the machine home later this week and let you know.

Where are you in sw MI?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Got it home today. The 'hooks' cannot be repositioned but the handle that the top latch hooks on to can. Just a couple bolts. What corn head are you using. We have a 3408 and hooked it up fine with the saddle all the way back.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm near Hillsdale.
We are also running a 3408 corn head.
So you're saying to just adjust the latch handle?

Thanks goalie

Hmm we haven't been contacted about any updates.......time to call the dealer.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
there are several updates for the 3408 dealer has brochure and actually if you look at the header forumn you will see my post on it..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks goalie!
Saddle back and cornhead locked.
I love easy fixes!
If there was a bowing smilie, you'd get it.
Now for wheat harvest, with dads Case..........
I run the JD 9560....read sig. Lol

Thanks casefarmer, update is a straw chopper leak.....requiers a metal strip.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts