The Combine Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Here are a couple of pictures. I would suggest silicone around every joint of a linear actuator, as dust can enter every seam, or spend money on an expensive kind, or do hydraulic.

I removed some of the linkage from the factory sliding mechanism. I used the ball/joint from the factory linkage and attached it to the actuators. I extended the linkage with thin tubing to reach the actuator rod. The base of the actuator is attached to the factory angle iron top piece with a short sleeve and pin going through.
Nice job Seedcleaner!! You have some great mods on your machine. Claas should be paying you as a design engineer!! I have made a few improvements on my Lexions with linear actuators as well. Lexion is a great combine but there is always room for improvement.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
It’s astounding how glacier like Claas has approached rotor covers even though it is a major and exclusive advantage of the hybrid design!

Told over twenty years ago by PAMI to get rotor covers in, then this electric effort, then partial hydraulic from cab, then additional manual hydraulic outside control, then they go to 12 section separation with no way to cover the extra open area.

What they need on small grain 12 section separation machines:
6 separately controlled covers, one split in half for fine tuning
(Normal is 2 sections per control)
All from cab, manual or CEMOS Automatic

New model material likely.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Nice job Seedcleaner!! You have some great mods on your machine. Claas should be paying you as a design engineer!! I have made a few improvements on my Lexions with linear actuators as well. Lexion is a great combine but there is always room for improvement.
Where did you put the switches in the cab. This was just my 2 main complaints over on NAT.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
My 740 arm rest had at least 6 blanks. I have all 6 in use now.

Front two are air bar fan valve and angle adjustment.

Next two are APS grate and home made pre-concave cover plate.

Back two blanks are now #1 and 2 rotor covers.

Double pole, double throw switches.

·
Registered
3 Posts
tried a lexion this fall, salesman wouldnt leave us alone until we did. overall was happy with the machines capacity. but a lot of things we didn't like.
1)The cab feels like a box, and looks like the 1980s erra
2)staring at a windshield wiper motor all day
3)how the **** do you get in the hopper? no steps, and i know our neighbors plug theirs
4)dont unload as fast as everyone says
5)most goofy feeder house
6)not a user friendly display, i cant imagine walking dad through that

we were in 35' swathed canola, yeilding 50-55 BPA, green and tough chewing....

and last, not impressed with the sales tactics of tingleys. bashing every dealer and color around. He sat in the cab telling me i'm running junk and throwing grain out the back everyday...funny part was they dropped their fancy magnet pan 4 times, couldn't find more than .7 bus, lexion was .6 not anywhere close to a "**** kicking" as they went and told all my neighbors!

But always nice to have a dealer nail a coffin shut

·
Registered
864 Posts
tried a lexion this fall, salesman wouldnt leave us alone until we did. overall was happy with the machines capacity. but a lot of things we didn't like.
3)how the **** do you get in the hopper? no steps, and i know our neighbors plug theirs

and last, not impressed with the sales tactics of tingleys. bashing every dealer and color around. He sat in the cab telling me i'm running junk and throwing grain out the back everyday...funny part was they dropped their fancy magnet pan 4 times, couldn't find more than .7 bus, lexion was .6 not anywhere close to a "**** kicking" as they went and told all my neighbors!

1)Sort of agree, the cab could be a bit bigger, and definitely not as well laid out as JD or Case.
2)Never once been bothered by the wiper, once you drive it for a day, you wont notice.
3)I've only had to get into the hopper once to unplug. But yeah, its kind of sad that they don't have a ladder or easier access.
4)There has never once in the history of this forum and lexion combine has there been a claim of fast unloading.
5)Not sure what's goofy about the feeder house. The auto chain tensioning works well. Not really any different than the case and JD I've run as far as feederhouse goes.
6)Yeah, it's not really intuitive. This could be definitely improved, and perhaps it is with the new display, I've never run one.
7)Losses. When I would run JD, I would **** around all day trying to get the losses down to acceptable levels, was impossible other then driving slow. I would say F it, go do something else for a week and come back to the canola and I would have double the capacity due to changing straw conditions. Our lexion for the most part has acceptable losses no matter the conditions.

·
Registered
39 Posts

What machine do you run?

·
Registered
19 Posts
2017 s680
we installed an HP chaffer in ours this year and made a HUGE improvement on our sample and shoe loss in really dry conditions.

Claas has been running this design chaffer for years. There frog mouth. I installed it on my S680 this year to. It does, 98% of the clean and separation , some times more. But you always have to run it 3 to 4 mm more open the standard chaffer.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts