The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a chance to run a T670 last night. We were in standing Domain spring wheat. It was yielding 55 to 65 bpa. There was 2 9750s and a 9860 also in the field, both non-bullets. We all had 30 ft auger headers. When the sun was still up the 9860 was right beside me, 3.5 to 4 mph. Our sample and losses very similar. Moisture was 11 to 12%. 9750s were doing 3.2 to 3.6 mph. Different story when it got dark. Moisture jumped to 14% and 9750s slowed down to 2.2 mph. 9860 was down to 2.5. I was still doing 3.2 to 3.6 mph. Power was the limiting factor. I believe with 400 to 425 hp this combine would be an incredible machine, especially in tough heavy straw conditions. Deere is really onto something.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Greentech,

What was the grain quality like from all the machines? Were there any whitecap issues with the sts machines or the T670? What about cracked grain from the T670? I was lead to believe that the new holland cx combines were great in tough grain, but cracked grain like crazy when it was very dry, and the T670 is similar design.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 9750's had some white caps. It got worse at night, or when the moisture was higher. Didn't see cracking in any of the samples.

I ran the t670 for another full day. Moisture varied from 10.5 to 14. It's definetly similar in capacity to the 9860. Growling in the cylinder is a bit much at times. Needs a Sunnybrook for sure

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This was the demo from Deer Country Equip, Steinbach. I think it's actually sold already but they're allowing a few more demo's. Where are you from, jd?

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
I'm from boissevain, which is straight south of brandon on the #10 hwy 15min from the border. I wish our dealer(Greenvalley) would have a demo around, it would be interesting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts