The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to here the pros and cons from those of you who have operated the T670. We currently run 9770 and 9870sts in our southern operation in the province and they work great, in our northern operation we have been running 9600 and 9610 conventionals as well as one 9650sts, for that area the conventionals seem like a better fit for that area granted the 9650sts maybe would work better if it was a bullet rotor. Need to update a # of the conventional machines, and a little leery of doing it with 9770sts. Typical harvest is 60-80 bushel wheat with 70-90 bushel barley, oats, canola, soybeans and flax. Straw quality is not an issue, combine will have a 30ft draper and pickup 20 ft canola swaths and 40 ft grain and flax swaths. And before we get a colour war going our closest dealers to any other brands is 7-8 hours away with a jd dealer 2 mins down the road so switching brands is not really an option.

·
Registered
210 Posts
the walker machines are better by far,but you are limited to capacity unlike a sts(rotor) size will always grow. we run 9770s in high bushel wheat and barley (80-110)this year loved them.
I would love to have CLASS 7 OR 8 WALKER to run beside and see for myself.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
@benny:What was the limiting factor in canola?In tough condtions the T should outperform the 9770 easy.Too bad they dont have the HUR auger on those units...

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I demoed a T670 against our 9660wts last year, the T670 was a decent leap in barley about 15% better but in canola no real difference. We came close to buying the T but the lack of better performance in canola may sway us to the sts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts