The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a T9040 and a Seedhawk airdrill and we have trouble with the hydraulic hoses popping out when we hit a wet spot or when it pulls heavy. Sometimes a couple hoses would pop out, sometimes six would pop out. Talked to a Seedhawk rep and a mechanic and they both thought I needed to replace the hyd couplers on the tractor and new tips on the Seedhawk hoses. Tractor only has 1200 hrs, do not believe couplers are wore out, and why would six hoses all pop out at the same time? Anyone have any trouble like this or know how this can be fixed?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Are you using the factory case drain? All couplers have seals in the body that seals the coupler to the housing, there are drain passages in the housing to allow oil to escape if there has been seepage. That passage uses the same return path as the factory case drain. If you have a seal gone between a coupler and the housing it creates back pressure which pushes on the fron of the couple and "pops it out" essentially the same as pulling on the hose. Since all couplers are using the same passage it pops all the couplers out at the same time. Being the factory case drain uses the same return path implements with high case drain flow such as seed hawk drills, cnh carts etc you will experience this same symptom.
Build a case drain hose to go the the cap on the line just under the lh rear corner of the cab beside the transmission and most likely your problem will go away, unless you have blown a seal between the coupler cartridge and the coupler housing. In which case a few $ worth of o-rings and back up rings and you will be in business.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We had same issue at our dealership and New Holland kept saying to replace the couplers. Which we did and never fixed it. We ended up replacing the whole coupler and housings. Fixed the problem and this was on a TJ450

·
Registered
561 Posts
I've seen it half a dozen times all with seed hawk or precision hoe case drills. Basicly all were Steiger/Nh tractors hooked to drills with high case drain flow. Re-routing the case drain straight to the tank cured all of them. One instance it was the guys 3rd year with the drill tractor combination and it started doing it. Don't ask me why it started then. Basically what I am saying is don't waste your money on coupler repairs or replacement, spend $100 and test my suggestion, I'm confident it will sole your problem, and much cheaper than the alternative...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.