The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changing the sprockets and chain on the tailings elevator on my 1680. the previous owner had the top sprocket welded on. i cut it off and machined a new key way for the new sprocket. My question is how many spacers are supposed to be in there? when i have it all bolted togeter i have about 1/2 of side to side play. I am thinking it should not have this much. if anyone has an assembly diagram to post that would be great. The spacers i have in there now are one about 1 inch and another about 2 inches and thats all that was in there when i took it apart. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
809 Posts
It's been awhile since I worked on the top end of a returns elevator.
Are you talking about the sprocket that the short auger is attached to?
Did you take the whole assembly off to work on it?
from what I remember it comes off pretty easy. Isn't there some thrust bearings inside there with washers?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iam talking about the actual return chain and the sprocket at the top of the return elevater that drives the return chain . Sorry i did not explain very well. I had to pull the whole aseembly out to get at the sprocket and cut it off. There were only 2 spacers inside that keep the sprocket running in the middle of the elevater. but the new sprocket not being welded on has about 1/2 of play side to side whitch leaves me wondering if there is suposed to be more spacers or shims. Or is it suposed to have that amount of freeplay??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts