The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true that CaseIH is going to go back to a return elevator and get away from the tailings processor? What are the problems with the processor? I sometime would like to upgrade my 2188 to a 7010 and was curious what I need to know to make the change.

·
Registered
367 Posts
The tailings processor blows (literally). This was/is a carry-over idea from the CBX concept machine that made its way onto the CNH platform during development of the 8010. Some very loyal folks on the CIH engineering side insisted on its use as a point of product differentiation from the NH CR series, which employs a more conventional rethresher concept conveyed by auger(s) to the shoe. The processor is a pressurized housing and it pneumatically conveys the tailings upward through the housing through a series of impellers. Inside, the taililngs are processed or rethreshed and then blown back into the shoe from the RH side of the shoe housing. The primary issue with the system is that the air being blown into the shoe disrupts the primary air patterns at work in the chaffer to suspend trash. Often this, coupled with the returns volume itself, results in heavy shoe loading on the right side of the combine. To date, the "fix" has been to calibrate the SLS mechanism to provide a small bias down to the left, but the root cause is the tailings processor itself. Do I know if it's going to happen? No, but it's proposed to do away with it since the 8010's release.

·
Registered
463 Posts
There is a hard thresh kit to help with those problems, or you can get a different tailing processor door with expanded metal on it for more aggressive threshing of the tailings. Case Part # is 87737486 the kit # is 87743232 for after serial number HAJ209929.

I would think that would help with the white caps.

·
Registered
117 Posts
in corn and beans I think it works pretty well the part I don`t like is having the return auger running the shaker it has broken under heavy load and the bearing on the right side isn`t heavy enough

·
Registered
463 Posts
thanks farmerjones, at least I now and more people do to so they dont have to waste money on something that wont work.

I havent had a whole lot of problem with spring wheat or winter wheat, but durum that is under 13% moisture is really hard thrashing.

·
Registered
463 Posts
With the high moisture corn you need to remove the bottom sieve and just use the top to clean with makes a world of difference. The top sieve I used is just a 1 1/8 sieve top sieve. Removed the bottom wheat sieve and had less fines and return on corn that was 20-40% moisture. Running roundbars and skips in the front with round and skips in the back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts