The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally near end of the refurb of my L2 into a L3. Time now to face the inevitable electrical gremlins.

Turn the key switch on and Tattletale II & II all function as they should work (lights don't light up). Push test button all lights work.

However when key switch is on the following lights come on hyd oil level (it shouldn't), engine oil pressure (it should), coolant temp (it shouldn't) and bin level (it shouldn't). Battery voltage and unload out don't light (and they shouldn't). Module isn't new but had it tested at dealer and checks out OK.

Anyone with any thoughts. Is there something simple (LOL) that I'm missing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
take wire off the temp sender on eng and ground it there are two senders at the thermostat one for gauge and one for light the gauge requires ground to show hot the light requires ground to go out I had a sender go bad on a l2 and was one all the time till I just grounded the wire for a day I don't remember on the other two but try grounding them also I think that will make them go out as well if this dosent work then you have a broken wire some where I am sure you have a book they have a very good wiring diagam to show where wires go and pin locations in connectors then start ohming with a meter take wire off sender check for cont to ground if nothing check at monitor end and nothing then ground sender end and check from monitor end working back towards sender at each conection once it makes continuity the problem is between there and previos check point hope this helps would like to see and here more about your project I have 2 L3s made a adapter to pick up a 925JD flex head also we are combining beans this week

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.