The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How interchangeable are the tattletale monitors between years and models of combines? I have a 1984 L3 (sn 285xx) that is missing the Tattletale IV (manual/auto auger swing). Dealer has a salvage early N6 with this module. Will they interchange or does model and year matter?

If they are reasonably interchangeable, will the module with the beeper (and volume control!) from an R 62 fit in my L3?

I can try to gather more information if necessary. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I do know that the later tattletale III monitors have a switch on the top for model selection. Not sure about the Tattletale IV. I'll have to look at my L3 service manual when I get a chance.

Jason

·
Registered
163 Posts
Some of the wiring connectors are different. Like between the L2 and L3 so i don't know about the N.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a question regarding my Tattle Tail 3 monitor. The clean grain monitor comes on when the thresher is started as it should. when the machine is a about 3/4 open the light goes out and once it hits full operating speed it comes back on. All the other sensors go out as they should and stay out with the exception of the clean grain. Anyone else ever had this problem or know what I should be looking for? I have refurbished this F2 and this the very last thing I haven't been able to get working.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I would start by swapping the pick up and seeing what happens. If that one still comes on you have to follow the wires back to module cleaning connectors, earths, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts