The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the td 6 with engine off and diesel tank open the injection pump fills with diesel and the engine as well. How do I know which seal to change. Is it the scavenging valve or seal on aux pump. When it's running no diesel seems to come out of the drain for the pump. Only when off. Thank you.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
When I was a young teen we had a nice TD18 with a wide bush piling dozer that we used to push haystacks out to a cow herd in the wintertime. As I recall, it always had diesel in the cam case on the injection pump and still ran fine years later when it’s undercarriage was scrap metal. I always turned the fuel off at the bottom of the tank when it was shut down.

·
Registered
463 Posts
We have a super wd-9 that would leak fuel into the crankcase. If I remember it was a seal on the aux pump. I'll have to ask Dad where he got it.

There are quite a few around here that only get run 1 weekend a year so the best thing to do is shut off the tank.

TD-14 is in the shed waiting for some TLC. Steering clutches need to be done.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have a super wd-9 that would leak fuel into the crankcase. If I remember it was a seal on the aux pump. I'll have to ask Dad where he got it.

There are quite a few around here that only get run 1 weekend a year so the best thing to do is shut off the tank.

TD-14 is in the shed waiting for some TLC. Steering clutches need to be done.
I make a habit of shutting tank off. I just like to fix it if I can find the parts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Dad thought he got the seals from a caseih dealer. That's probably 9-10 years ago now. I'll keep on the lookout.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts