The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know much about it apart from the fact that it likes to be applied in the heat. Which essentially is why we won't get liberty link canola over here, all our in crop sprays are done in the cold wet conditions.

Does it translocate? Does it need good coverage or does it work like roundup? The application I am thinking of it resistance management with a weed wiper. When we perform that operation the weather is almost always warm. And the rates you are actually applying are 20% of top rate.

What rate are you applying it? What price per kg/L?

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Here in Canada, the Liberty we get for canola is 150g/L of active. Bayer also makes a 200g/L for the LL corn guys, so make sure you know which you are using.

We run 10-16 gal/ac. Usually mixing it with Centurion at anywhere from 60-100 gal/case, so instead of splitting jugs, we just do 1 case per tank.

Some guys run up to 20 or 30 gal/ac and claim better coverage...

Andrew

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Since we're talking about non-registered uses, some guys have been known to tank mix it with Roundup as a burnoff chemical. It works well, but be careful with it as it seems to be a lot more transient than most products, even in a light wind... which makes me wonder if even vapors off of it could be an issue in a weed wiper situation. It's mode of action is more like a desiccating product than something like Roundup.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like it maybe more like paraquat. Perhaps not ideally suited to my application. I am told that paraquat works in a weed wiper but from my application I am finding that I can only just touch some plants.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.