The Combine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the auto lube system on my 740tt.
And had a issue come up the other day with it.
Got it pin pointed down to which grease fitting was not taking.
Its one of the lines to the middle of the track pivot.
I took the line and fitting off screwed in a grease zerk
and still could not get it to take.

Solutions please.

Has anyone else had this happen.

Attachments

·
Registered
700 Posts
Probably the first thing I would do is jack the combine up and take the load off the track assembly then try greasing it, while your at it release the track tension so you can check the pivot points for wear. If you still can’t get grease in there you may have to pull it apart

·
Registered
4 Posts
I actually have mine currently ripped apart due to greasing issue. Problem solved. Shavings from machining was in side blocking main grease chanel that feeds the flush mount distribution block located under the biggie arm. Here are some pics of it out. Tried everything but couldn't get it to flow enough. So I gave up and took it apart and found large shavings restricting the flow.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Have you tried using corn head grease or a ep0 grease? Generally using a ep0 grease and a high pressure gun works for me.

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
Have you tried using corn head grease or a ep0 grease? Generally using a ep0 grease and a high pressure gun works for me.
What does Claas want in that system? I've just been using regular Claas grease. Not sure how it is rated though...

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
They want you to use EP3 grease. In some cases Claas is requesting grease samples for warranty on bearings.

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
They want you to use EP3 grease. In some cases Claas is requesting grease samples for warranty on bearings.
You sure about that? This is the grease I have been using, was not even aware of something else available from Claas and I just figured I should use Claas grease in the Claas auto-greaser...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Hmmm, I wonder what the difference is? Could the 3 be a newer version of the 2? I did buy mine in 2017 but still have a couple cases left...
Been using it for the 3 years we have had the combine......

Was told it's better for the high speed high load bearings like chopper and rotor....but can't say I've ever had any problems with any bearings that get greased regularly no matter the grease. Only time we have problems is when a seal goes out or there is other issues.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I actually fixed it this past sunday.
I took the auto grease hose off and screwed the 90 degree fitting out.
And took a good lever pump grease gun. Took the zerk coupler off and screwed in end
into the hole. I pumped the gun till the pressure stopped me. And I let it set for about 1 min
then pumped it up again. Then finally she let go and I could pump with ease. Now I was using
corn head grease.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Well this is what they have been telling us to use......
Hmmm, I wonder what the difference is? Could the 3 be a newer version of the 2? I did buy mine in 2017 but still have a couple cases left...
Pretty sure the number just has to do with pumpability. Lower number pumps easier. Usually in autogreasers they recommend a low # like 0

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
For the record when I stated using a ep0 or cornhead grease I was talking about trying to break loose stubborn fittings or clogs. Now in my Lexion I was using the EP3. And on that note does anyone elses grease turn green in the reservoir?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts