The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking at getting another tractor to pull our spreader. It's a pull type 12 ton needs 22.5GPM hydraulic power to spin the spinners. I want something with PTO So i can pull our 750BU grain cart in the fall. I have a limited budget and found these three units they range in price but I could make it work. I believe these units will all work for those applications but I also want to be able to donsome fall work like harrowing and cultivating. The challenger will need tracks in a couple years and shifts hard not sure why. The tg255 has a loader witch could be handy wondering what other farmers thoughts are on these options or what they would consider

·
Banned
1,040 Posts
Are the TGs the same transmission as the earlier TMs? I know some of the lower hp TMs (sub 175hp) had trouble; not sure where the changes in transmissions are for these (?)

also some threads on Agtalk that may help

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Our tg 230 is a 18spd power shift. Believe it was made by funk. Probably been the most reliable part of the tractor although we did strip the input shaft and coupler out once. Ours has had a fair number of electrical issues and some engine problems

·
Registered
162 Posts
Got a TG255. Its ok. Not great, not a complete turd. Hard on fuel. Stripped the drive off the hyd pump and had to decontaminate the transmission. Cab off a couple times due to rinky dink hydraulic leaks under cab that you cant reach. If the batteries go dead and you boost it the computers do weird things - random lights turn on, etc. Have to charge batteries then do a disconnect to reset. SCV controls have all been changed twice in 4000hrs. The field cruise mode did work well on the spin spreader. I keep it around because of its versatility, it has 540, small 1000, big 1000 pto and 3pt and has the hp to fill in on tillage if needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.