The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope its wide spread ,started here about 8.30 pm (southern tablelands ). Music to my ears and smells like heaven. Good chance of showers for 4 days ,we really need 50 mm to get some oats in for quick feed. but will be happy to get 16 mm. that would equal our highest fall since November.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Cloudy here but nothing yet. Fallow spraying program is not costing anything but a profile would be nice. I hope blokes north of us around Walgett get a break.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cloudy here but nothing yet. Fallow spraying program is not costing anything but a profile would be nice. I hope blokes north of us around Walgett get a break.
yep hope so, plenty a lot worse off than me . Radar shows falls in Victoria and near Adelaide hope the fires get a good soaking.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tha rains finished

Might have got 2 mm ,
hope it comes again, it only wet one side of the cows will have to go and turn em around for the next shower.
proved it can still rain and will sleep good with the smell coming in the window.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
It wouldn't worry me if we missed the two mills but just to get the cool southerly would be a bonus. But on the other hand 200 mm would be nice to.

·
Registered
141 Posts
No rain here as yet, just smoke haze. Need rain as I just bought more lambs to fatten on dryland lucerne.

Rule in our house is when your looking for rain or its raining, you don't talk about because then it won't happen or stop!

Oh bugger, just talked about it.!

Hope everybody who needs rain gets heaps.

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Not sure of home farm but 66mm so far on other farm. More coming on radar. Mobi barley or wedge tail wheat for stock feed?

Madsnake

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Not sure of home farm but 66mm so far on other farm. More coming on radar. Mobi barley or wedge tail wheat for stock feed?

Madsnake
Go for it mate if we can get some rain like that the farm will be covered in barley and revenue.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
only got 7 mm last night , talked to the locals at the pub and every measure was different .anywhere from 1 mm to 22 mm.

ssssshhhhhh its just started again

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Glad you guys got some precip.

I got 5 inches of snow and 10 degrees f. Winter sucks.

·
Registered
485 Posts
We had 52 at 5 last night. Not looked today but I'm guessing we finished up at 55 mm. One of our other farms on the Murray river near swan reach had 103 mm in the yard but only 80 mm out the back.

Was very welcome to give our potatoes a much needed boost. Hopefully the subsoil up a bit for winter too.

Richard

1 - 20 of 38 Posts