The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a non bullet 9760. I was told if I replace my elements I should put in the back bullet elements. Anyone done this? If so did it make a difference?

·
Registered
400 Posts
do it. i don't know if you will see much of a difference in normal conditions, but if it gets tougher, it should help some

besides, it's only $10 more per kit

·
Registered
778 Posts
I did that to a few machines and the results were very good. In performance per dollar compared to a Bullet rotor it's a far better value.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok went to a combine clinic the other day and asked them this question. Was told it will move the material through the combine faster not giving it enough time to thrash it out. Any other thoughts on this? Also any thoughts on the loweon elemants?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I don't see how it would move it out faster than the regular elements? I mean the concave size is the same in a 60 series vs. a 50 series, and the bullet rotor has the "bullet" elements on it and doesn't move it around too fast, so I would recon based upon my thinking you're probably okay. Also I would guess the part number would sub up to the newer elements anyway?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I talked to a local JD dealer about this today. He recomended going with the non bullet style factory JD elements, over the bullet style and Lowen elements. They are also a dealer for Lowen, so I was somewhat surprised to hear this. I am new to rotaries, but I can't see how the bullet style elements would move the material out the back any quciker. The dealer did say the bullet style elements had a little more meat on them compared to the non bullet rotor elements.

·
Registered
177 Posts
We have played around with rifled (bullet rotor element) and smooth (pre-bullet rotor) elements in 07 9660's and have found the smooth element to work the best in hard thrashing conditions, where white caps are a problem. It is not the cure but it is better. It produced results good enough that we converted all our machines mid season. The idea behind this (not mine) is that the rifle element pushes the straw through a little faster to reduced concave chatter and be a little gentler on crops. The smooth elements on the other hand hold the crop in a little longer to give a little more thrash time thus resulting in concave chatter in though conditions and a little more grain damage. I can say that in my application it works. I also am a believer in smooth elements for corn.

Chad

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
We are having capacity issues with our 9870's in wheat at this time. Tried small wire and large wire concaves with many different settings on rotor speed concave clearance and shoe settings. Majority of loss is rotor trying to keep our losses under 1%. The only way to do this seems to be pulling back hydro handle and living with 750 bu./ hour productivity. We feel the rifling of the threshing system may be moving the material too fast not allowing drop to the shoe. If any one has any suggestions I would invite them because our dealer and territory rep cannot figure this out. By the way this is relatively easy theshing winter wheat sample is acceptable. .

·
Registered
578 Posts
we put the complete kuchar kit in a 9650 and it made a huge difference. the kuchar guy says the deere stuff supposedly moves the crop mat to slow through the thrashing area and therefore grinds it up to much and overloads the sieves. we put in his elements, and cocaves and its a totally different machine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts